Finding Fantastic Wedding Shower Prizes
A spectacular list of ideas for wedding shower prizes
Arguably, wedding shower prizes are one of the most important parts of a bridal shower. Yes, we know it's all about the bride, and of course she should be the focus. But this is also a party, and the guests who attend will be looking forward to entertainment, food, and... prizes - just as much as they look forward to seeing the bride open her gifts.
With that in mind, prizes for your wedding shower games should be an important part of the planning process, not an afterthought. Here are some tips on how to choose your prizes as well as some suggestions for unique gift ideas.
1. Consider fitting prizes to the bridal shower theme. It's not necessary, but it is a nice touch. If you picked a simple theme, this won't be hard to do. On the other hand, if your theme is something more complicated, you may just have to pick nice gifts you think guests will enjoy -- and that's fine too.
2. Whatever your bridal shower theme, try to avoid cheap gifts like inexpensive soap and candles. Soap and candles are fine, but if you buy them at a discount store, they probably won't smell nice and will wind up in the trash.
3. Consider your audience. The age and gender of the guests makes a big difference when you're buying wedding shower prizes. Get prizes that will appeal to everyone in the crowd.
Specific wedding shower prizes and ideas
The above were just some basic suggestions for shopping guidelines -- now here are some unique ideas to help you shop.
1. Plants or flowers. You can't go wrong with a plant - almost everyone appreciates receiving a bouquet of flowers or a potted plant.
2. Good quality chocolates -- less is more, and most people would rather have 2 high quality candies than a box of discount store chocolate from last Christmas
3. Gift cards for movie theatres or local coffee shops. Just a few dollars on a gift card makes a great gift.
4. Journals or pen sets. Everyone needs a pad of paper and a pen.
5. Jewelry. You can find some beautiful and personal pieces of costume jewelry these days that won't break your budget.
Any of these make beautiful prizes for wedding shower games. Note that many of them are disposable or consumable items -- try not to add to guests' clutter with unwanted items. Have fun, and remember that wedding shower prizes are very important to the shower's success.